Terms and Conditions
Effective date: March 18, 2021
We have a firm commitment to privacy for our web users. This site uses information and feedback forms for prospective students, students, alumni, donors, and others who request information and services. Information which you choose to provide to GTU via this website is used only by the appropriate administrative offices and is kept confidential. No information provided to this site will be given or sold to other parties outside of the GTU and affiliated schools and centers.
Users are free to not accept the cookie, but certain features of the web site may not work as intended or may be unavailable if they choose to do so. Users within the EU-GDPR controlled countries will not be tracked by cookies unless explicit affirmative consent has been provided.
Our site also contains links to other sites. GTU is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of linked sites.
The Graduate Theological Union encourages all of visitors to our website to comment. Our goal is to maintain a community where visitors feel free to express themselves, but we also recognize that some conversations following articles, photos and other content on this site can descend into negative sniping and personal attacks. When this happens, we reserve the right to close the comments on those pages. Note that all comments are subject to moderator approval.
We encourage comments that:
- Are "on topic", and that respond to the content in the article
- Are responses to comments left by other readers
- Are brief and to-the-point
- Have a positive/constructive tone
- Are open to being contradicted by other readers
- Might disagree with the content, but they never insult the writer of the article, or other commenters
We discourage comments that:
- Are not "on topic", or are not responding to other comments or the content in the article
- Insult the writer of the article or other commenters
- Are excessively long or negative in tone
We will delete comments, without notice, that:
- Are abusive, harassing, threatening or vulgar
- Are personal attacks, including name-calling or celebrations of another person's death or misfortune
- Contain advertising or spam
- Are disruptive, including personal conversations better suited for private conversations
Frequent violations of these terms will cause a commenter's registration and profile to be closed without notice.
Academic Policies Disclaimer
While every effort is made to keep the GTU website accurate and up to date, it remains subject to the official, legally binding documents that govern the academic programs of the Graduate Theological Union. These include the most current Catalog as published by the GTU Admissions Office, the Handbooks of the various academic programs as published and maintained by the GTU Dean’s Office, and the doctoral student protocols with the specific requirements of each academic area on file with the GTU Academic Secretary. In the event of a conflict between the information on this website and the documents mentioned above, the information in the documents should be given priority.
The views expressed by contributors to GTUx Originals do not necessarily represent those of the Graduate Theological Union.